Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Designer Bio

As a designer one of my main goals is to find out what my style truly is, and to find out how to communicate my ideas clearly and thoroughly both to designers and non-designers alike. I really want to take this semester as an opportunity to explore and continue to refine my work and work ethic until I am able to find out what is my design style. I have always thought that my idea of design was very simplistic and a minimalistic approach to expressing my ideas. However as I continue to study and learn more about the field, I have begun to open my eyes to new ways of expressing my ideas. One thing that I have begun to lean more towards is digital media and learning how to use this form of media as a vehicle to express my thoughts and design process. One thing that I also wanted to really focus on this semester was my time management. I feel like some of my extracurricular activities can have an effect on the valuable time that I could be spending pushing my ideas and designs further, until I am able to get the results from my work that I desire. As a student this is one of the challenges that I do face which is finding out how to balance the design world and my own world. However I feel that there is an opportunity to combine the both by figuring out how to clearly explain my design ideas and present them to my friends who may not have any design experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment