Friday, March 4, 2011

...is digital the way?...




Over the course of the semester one of my goals was to find out what is one of the ways for me to best communicate my ideas. I have found that digital rendering is a form of media that has began to catch my attention. I love the fact that you have the control to do virtually anything that you want. Where as by hand some of my designs were limited because I felt that I didn't have the ability to clearly communicate them, digitally I can push my ideas further. I can also study and explore ideas of lighting and texture more so that by hand. One of the common downsides in working digitally is the fact that it can take a lot of time and space on the computer. Thus "the spinning wheel of death" a digital rendering's sworn enemy, however this is a problem that can be addressed with making sure you mange your time according to how long it may take to render each image.


No comments:

Post a Comment