Wednesday, February 9, 2011

2.0 Part to whole


For this second iteration of the project we took one of our spaces that we felt had the most potential and pushed our ideas further by adding another level to the space that was half its size. For me the space that I further developed was the 22x32 space. This was the space that was based off of the word imbalance, which is associated with tilt. Within my second space I originally wanted to include one of the solids from the other 22x22 space that I designed, however this did not speak the same language as the space below it, which included a tilted floor and a tilted glass wall. I was able to connect these two spaces however by continuing elements like the tilted wall that was in the original space, as well as mirroring the tilted angle that was in the floor of the first space in the ceiling of the second. Also a niche for a sleeping area was translated over into the second space just as the one seen in the first space.




In each of my rendered perspectives I wanted to show both materiality and lighting to help tell the story of how one would experience the space. I also wanted to include a small for of context and possible locations of where this space could be, by revealing hints of it through the window spaces. The plans also help to tie in the perspectives because in each there is a key which lets you know where you would be at in the space.



No comments:

Post a Comment