Monday, October 18, 2010

Creating Spaces

For one of our most recent assignment we were to create two spaces and define them using 12 skewers and 12 planes of Bristol board, also when coming up with our ideas we had to create a collage of images that inspired our idea. For my project my main inspiration was the idea of a skyscraper as well as the formation of construction sites.




When going about creating the project I wanted to keep the idea of building upward in mind. I also wanted the two spaces that i defined to be in upward and downward directions. My first iteration wasn't as successful due to the fact that it created more than two spaces in between the materials. Also the craftsmen ship could have been a lot better. However in my second iteration it seemed better to build less upward and more outward in order to define the downward space. After my second attempt i decided that I wanted to stick with this idea because it defined both of the spaces in each direction that i desired. After this I made one more model in order to enhance the craft of this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment